What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian Head Massage incorporates a number of massage techniques including deep thumb and finger pressure, friction and soothing effleurage. It includes massage of the upper back of the body.
The use of oil is optional so the treatment can be carried out fully clothed; wearing a cotton top or t-shirt is ideal.
I always use grapeseed oil as it is safe for clients who have a nut allergy.
- To treat you as an individual, adapting treatment to suit your needs
- To release stress and tension that may have accumulated in your back, arms, neck, head and face
How can Indian Head Massage help you?
- Relieves tension headaches and helps to alleviate the symptoms of migraines
- Stimulates and improves scalp circulation
- Removes tension and smooths out facial muscles
- Stretches and mobilises the tissues of the neck and shoulders
- Efficient elimination of toxins via the lymphatic system
- Calms the mind; a feeling of deep relaxation is usually experienced
- Clarity of mind is often felt, enabling better concentration and focus
What to expect
A brief consultation will be taken on the first visit noting current symptoms, aiming to personalise each treatment to an individual's needs.
You can choose to be seated upright in a comfortable chair, or if you prefer the treatment can be performed lying down on my massage bed. During the massage you will feel any tension and stress lifting and you will feel instantly relaxed. Immediately afterwards, you may feel light headed; after 10 - 15 minutes a wonderful sense of calmness and clarity is usually felt.
Please remember to drink plenty of water after Indian Head massage to encourage the elimination of toxins from the body.
Indian Head Massage can complement orthodox medicine.